Friday, August 13, 2010

day 51..... Beautiful Peas

This is our late garden of peas. I might actually get enough for a meal at one time. Usually the kids eat them faster than they pick them I think. They have set on so nicely. And we have lots of baby cucumbers. About the time that I am finished being sick of seeing cucumbers, these should be good and ready. Our watermelons are slightly larger than a golf ball right now, so we will have to see what those do. Between our own harvesting, farmers markets here and in Fargo, and the bartering for produce that Brian has done with a couple of people, we have had a wonderful bounty of fresh produce this summer. But I really am getting sick of seeing cucumbers. This weekend, we are going to try a recipe for cucumber bread that I found. Crossing our fingers on that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment